Paleo Lobster Night!
I have to say I love lobster but it’s the type of meal that’ll break my piggy bank in no time! So you can imagine my joy when a good friend opted to cook me a Paleo bday LOBSTER dinner. What better way to ring in a bday than with a 2lb lobster sitting in front of me in my own kitchen- YUMMY! The actual cooking part was not so yummy for me though. I realized I would have made a sucky Paleo Chick and would have either a. lived off of grass b. scavenged dead animals or c. found an awesome paleo dude to catch me some lobster (the more likely answer). Once the lobsters made it to the pot it was smooth sailing. In 20 minutes I had a steaming hot lobster ready to be enjoyed. The great thing about fresh lobster is that it tastes delicious on its own, without any extra seasoning or sauces. The not so great thing is that it puts your CF skills to use with all the shell cracking and meat pulling involved. Nonetheless it was an amazing meal prepared in less than 30 minutes and it WON’T break the piggy bank! Recipe below.
Fresh lobster served with asparagus and shitake mushrooms
- Boil a pot full of water(enough to cover the lobster); add about 2 tbsp of sea salt
- Add lobster to boiling water and leave for 10 minutes for the first pound and 3 additional minutes for each additional points
- Drain the water and serve hot
Optional: Heat butter over flame and use as dipping sauce
Asparagus and Shitake mushroom Sautee Preparation:
- Add olive oil (or oil of your choice) to pan on medium heat
- Add 5 cloves of chopped garlic and sauté 4-5 minutes until garlic is crisp
- Add asparagus and shitake mushrooms, sauté for 5 minutes
- Remove and serve as a side