We are well into the Spring season and Summer is just around the corner, there couldn't be a better time to do some nutritional cleansing to look and feel great for the sunshine! Nutritionize is hosting the ever popular ZOLEO CHALLENGE! Grab a buddy or two or three or more, set some goals, and then make them happen! The rules are fairly simple and the results are priceless. The challenge will span 6 weeks, and everyone is welcome to participate, there is no fee to join so spread the word. We will have a small surprise for the winner of the challenge who will be determined by how closely they followed the rules below (especially logging!). Best of all, throughout the entire 6 weeks you will have the guidance of Nutritionize and the support of your peers.
ZOLEO CONTEST DETAILS:
For the next 6 weeks you will do the following:
- Set a 6 week goal
- Begin following a Zoleo Lifestyle (details below)
- Maintain a daily food log to be submitted online (I have a sample excel file on Google docs that can be used)
- Maintain Integrity (i.e. stay ON the bandwagon!!)
- Most importantly HAVE FUN and be creative. This is a lifestyle so enjoy it!
May 24th: Last day to join, just so we can ensure we get a good sized group.
What is Zoleo?
Eat the following:
- Lean Meats
- Nuts, e.g. walnuts, Brazil nuts, macadamia, almond. Do not eat peanuts (a bean) or cashews (a family of their own)
- Low Glycemic Fruits (eg. Berries- strawberries, blueberries, raspberries etc.)
Do NOT eat the following:
- Processed Foods- including bread, pasta, noodles, anything in a can
- Beans- including string beans, kidney beans, lentils, peanuts, snow-peas and peas
- Dairy products
- Fruit juice
Meal Portion and Timing:
- Balanced Meal: 1/3 Protein, 2/3 Carb and a sliver of fat
- Eat a balanced meal within an hour of waking up and every 2-3 hours after that without allowing 5 or more hours pass without eating.
- Remember Breakfast really is the MOST important meal of the day… do NOT skip it.
Don't forget this:
- Include 2-4 grams of Fish Oil supplement into your lifestyle and take with a meal. (you can use Robb Wolf's fish oil calculator to determine your appropriate dosage)
- Hydrate Hydrate Hydrate!
- Enjoy a Post Work Out recovery meal: Protein + carbs (type depends on goal) and NO FAT.
More information on any of the above topics can be found at www.nutritionize.net . You can also email us with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or posting up to the blog. I'm looking forward to seeing some creative recipes and some amazing results!
Post to comments if you are up for the challenge…